Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To Do or Not To Do...

The other day I got a flyer in the mail to run a 1/2 Marathon in January for Chron's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. As soon as I saw it I immediately wanted to do it. I have done so many walks for all kinds of other causes but nothing for something I battle with every day. I think I would really love to do this, but now I'm making excuses. I would love hubby to do it with me, but that will make things even more difficult with The Girl. Who will watch The Girl when we have training sessions? Will I be able to do it? Will I be able to make all the training sessions? Will be body hold up to it with my Rheumatoid Arthritis? Who will watch The Girl while we are in Florida running this 1/2 Marathon? Will we be able to get enough sponsors and make enough money to get me down to Florida? Then I was thinking maybe we could get a good jogging stroller and have The Girl join us. I don't know what to do? Please help me. What would you do? Check out the website: Team Challenge

2 comments:

KCKries said...

Funny about the 1/2 marathon. someone just told me that after i have the baby we are gonig to train for one and run it. i forget who! anyway i have melissa's jogging stroller that you can borrow. and i would say i would watch the girl until you said it was january. you will be out of luck that month my dear.

Meeta Banerjee said...

I think you should do it...a jogging stroller might be a good thing, and its not like you have to run ;) You can always walk it if it feels like its too much.