Monday, July 21, 2008

Frustration

I am getting very frustrated and stressed which is not helping me at all. I told you before how I have to start Humira which is a self injectable. Well, I had to wait until the nurse came back from vacation, and for me to get the medication. I got the medication last Wednesday and still haven't been unable to get a hold of the nurse for an appointment. The first injection they like you to do in the office just in case there is a reaction. Since I had so many problems with Remicade I'm fine with that and I'm glad to go to the office. Why wouldn't I they have a cardiologist and pulmonologist right there is the same office and the hospital is a stones throw away. Any way, I called the nurse on Wednesday the minute I got my medication and was told by an answering machine that the doctor was out of the office and would return on Monday and that my call would be returned on Monday. I gave the nurse an hour or two in the morning then I called and left another message. I still haven't received a call. It wouldn't be a problem if it was just my rheumatoid arthritis acting up, but now my ulcerative colitis is acting up and I haven't been able to eat. Correction, I have been able to eat but I haven't been able to keep it inside me. I am so frustrated that I feel like just giving myself the injection and having the phone ready to call 911. I know it is a busy office and the nurse must have a bunch of things to do but all I need is a 5 minute phone call to tell me when to come in. I have an appointment with my RA doctor on Friday and now I'm worried that they are going to say let's just wait until then. NO WAY is all I have to say about that. I need my shot and need it now. I'm starting to sound and feel like a drug addict!

0 comments: