Monday, July 7, 2008

PIL

I was held hostage this weekend! I was a Prisoner of the In-Laws! We had our nephew's 1st birthday party to go to. Which is fine because all 1st birthday's are fun. Who doesn't like seeing the the difference in the child in a year, the presents, the decorations and most importantly the child getting sugar for the first time and shoving handfuls of cake in their face! How could a 1st Birthday not be fun? When it is 5 hours long, that's how! We get there late too! From 3-5 were appetizers and hanging around, dinner was at 5, the birthday boy fell asleep so we couldn't have the cake until he woke up at 7pm! Then after that was the opening of the present. We didn't leave until after 8 o'clock! What the heck! Then we have to put up with all the dorky friends all day. I'm not joking, complete dorks. Here are some of the comments we heard: "What happened in this room, something detonated could it have been Osama Bin Toddler?" Then my nephew put his hand in the cake before even lighting the candles and we heard "I think that is premature smashalation"! Yes someone actually said those things I couldn't make them up if I wanted to! 5 hours we were there! I felt like screaming and running straight to Norristown State Hospital! But we all survived and lived to tell about it! Just for the record all my kids birthday parties will be an open door, buffet style so you can live whenever you feel like it. I promise!

1 comments:

Meeta Banerjee said...

Dude that's brutal. YOu couldn't say something like you needed to go let the dog out or something?