Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

I would like to send a belated Happy 6th Birthday to my buddy, my nephew "Big E"! He had an awesome Karate party with pizza afterwards on Friday. All the kids loved it. You couldn't pay me enough to be that karate instructor putting up, I'm sorry, teaching 15 kids karate for an hour. My Dad came and believe it or not so did "The Witch". I guess it was because the party wasn't at any one's house so there was no need to be jealous. Any whooo "Big E' loved his present, Star Wars action figures and Camp Rock soundtrack. My sister said he hasn't stopped listening to it yet. What can I say I'm a good Aunt and I know what my nephew loves. That was our Friday night!

Saturday started out normal until we went to Home Depot and I decided to paint the kitchen. I needed color, the white walls are making me crazy! So I picked out this Golden Mustard color, it looked good on the little paper swatch but I'm still not too sure. I got 3 walls done during nap time and bed time. I would like you all to know I did it without taping the edges, I did it free hand, and I'm not bragging but it looks pretty darn good. I am still trying to decide if I like the tint of yellow. At some angles and in certain lighting the color looks great, but at other angles and brighter lighting the color is a little too yellow. I don't know if it is the color or if it is because I'm so used to it being white and everything else is white. I am thinking once I paint the living room and dining room the yellow kitchen might be Ok. We will see.

Today was a stay at home day. I transplanted 2 plants with help from the Little One. Painted some more of the kitchen. And did my Sunday chores. Other then that nothing much happened today.

It was a low key weekend but a good one! I have a very busy week ahead of me so the low keyed weekend was a needed.

0 comments: