Thursday, June 5, 2008

Step-Monster

Yes, I have a Step-Monster. I don't even give her the satisfaction of calling her that or step-mother or anything except My Dad's Wife. Mostly because I'm a grown women and I don't need a mother figure. She calls herself our Bonus Mom. She is far from that. For me to even use the word "Mom" you have to deserve it and earn it. She doesn't deserve it or hasn't even come close to earning it. She is such a self-centered drama queen. I swear she lives on drama, if there wasn't drama in her life I think she would shrivel up and die.
I moved into my new house 5 months ago. She didn't even acknowledge it. She didn't even congratulate us, send us a card, call us, even ask how are we settling in, or offer to help or watch the little one to make it easier for us. Finally about 2 months ago I said something to my Dad about it. He came out and told me that she is jealous of my sister's and my success. Her son isn't able to pay his mortgage so he has to sell his condo and she can't come to my house because she will be a downer because she is so devastated over her son. Well as a parent you have to be able to suck it up and be happy for your husband's children. My Dad will do anything for her kids, he even give her son money to put down on the condo.
About a month ago my Dad and his wife stopped by. I was shocked. He must of dragged her here kicking and screaming. She didn't even say anything about the house, not one word, she didn't even ask for a tour. Ugghhh! They stayed for about 10 minutes then left. Fine who cares.
Then I had a Memorial Day BBQ I invited all of my hubby's family, my sister, Dad, and of course my Dad's wife and her kids. None of them showed up not even my Dad's wife! What a B*TCH! She sent my Dad down with pasta salad. I felt like driving to her house and throwing it in her face! How rude!
So now I have to worry that any holiday, birthday party or any family function I have at my house she won't come. Which is fine by me, but I feel so bad for my Dad. He deserves so much better. He deserves someone who will enjoy life just as much as he does.
I got an email from her daughter yesterday apologizing for not getting back to me earlier but she was up state that weekend visiting her Dad. That is fine. I wrote back saying that I hope she enjoyed her weekend with her Dad. Then I couldn't help myself I wrote "Your brother, Mother and you were all missed at my BBQ". I just couldn't help it I had to throw it a dig and let her know that her Mother didn't come. It made me feel a little better.

1 comments:

Meeta Banerjee said...

Sometimes all you can do is invite her, and if she chooses not to act like an adult you can't do anything about it. Although, its got to be quite frustrating for you since you want your dad to have a good time.