Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Self Improvement

Well last night I took the first step in helping myself become a better person, better wife, better mother, and a better friend. I started to see a therapist. Something I should have done years ago but I kept pushing it off thinking that I would get through it and be fine. I guess what turned me off was that I went to a support group monitored by a therapist right after my Mom died. It was horrible, so depressing and not very helpful. So I just pushed all my feelings down and kept going on with my life. But since then I have had a lot of life changing experiences and I really need to talk to someone who is an outsider and doesn't know my crazy family. I really need to learn how to relax and stop stressing on the little stuff. That will help me in many ways, especially my health. This poor lady doesn't know what she is in store for. I feel better already, I feel like just admitting that I need help took a ton of bricks off my shoulders.
So maybe in a couple of weeks I can change my site from Crazy Caucasian to Semi-Crazy Caucasian. Ha Ha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you :)

Most people simply sit around complaining about their situation without doing anything. I admire you for taking action.

Good luck, and please let me know how your grow and evolve.

Kevin
http://www.assistys.com