Monday, June 9, 2008

My New Workout

I created a new workout for myself at the gym. I think I perfected it today. It is basically climbing a hill. I get on a treadmill, warm up for 2-3 minutes, then increase the incline every minute. Once I get to the incline of 8 I increase it every 2 minutes until I reach 10. That takes about 16 minutes. After 2 minutes at the incline of 10 I start to decline 1 every minute which takes 10 minutes. So by the time I'm at the bottom of my make believe hill I have already been walking for 26 minutes. Then I cool off until I do a total of 30 minutes and about 2 miles depending on the speed. I did it at 4.2mph and 4.0mph. I thought it was going to go by slow because of consistently watching the time but surprisingly it didn't. The best part is that walking hills targets your thighs and butt, and that's were I need the most help. So I figure if I do this every other day or when I don't do spinning I should be in good to go. Something different!

2 comments:

KCKries said...

I do this too! It makes the time go much faster b/c you are changing every minute.

Meeta Banerjee said...

I understand the mundane that hits with working out :) I tend to switch up my workout so I'm not bored. And go at different hours so I can check out the eye candy ;)