Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby Blues

Last night at 11:27pm I heard the local train rolling through town blowing it's horn. It is about 3 miles from my house but on a silent night I can hear it as clear as a bell. The theme from Disney's Choo Choo Soul came immediately to my head. "Chug-a-Chug-a-Choo, Chug-a-chug-a-Ahhh; Chug-a-Chug-a-Chooo, Chug-a-chug-a-Ahhh; All aboard the Choo Choo Train, All aboard the Choo Choo Train, All aboard the Choo Choo Train; All aboard, All aboard; CHOO CHOO" After that I couldn't fall asleep I just laid there trying to get comfortable then the thoughts came in to my mind.
My friend had a baby on Sunday, yeah. I am happy for her and I know she will be fine. But I guess I'm not as happy for her as I should be. She confessed to me that she was having a baby more for her husband and that right now it was the best time. She said she didn't know if she was ready or ever will be ready to have kids. Then I start think how unfair life is and how it really just screws with you. You see I have this other friend who would give up a body part to have a baby. She had a miscarriage earlier this year and now is stressfully trying to get pregnant again. I know it is going to happen for them and I know when it does it will be the happiest time ever, but why couldn't that have been her having a baby on Sunday instead of my other friend. Does this sound horrible? Am I a horrible friend?
Like I said I know it is going to happen for my other friend and when it does maybe I'll forget that I even felt this way.

0 comments: