Friday, May 9, 2008

I need my juice...

I am a 33 year old who on certain days feels like a 93 year old. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis this past year. My doctor said that I was too young to be in so much pain and she wanted to treat it aggressively. She started me on Remicade Infusions that I get every 8 weeks at the medical office. I don't mind the 3 hours that I have to sit there and do nothing while I get the infusion because of the results I get from the medicine. This stuff is amazing, it is my juice, my cocktail, my pain free life. Up until now the 7th week. This is the week I start getting pain again. I start feeling every move I make. I start waking up in the morning and I'm afraid to move because I know it is going to hurt but I don't know how much. This is when all housework stops until my next treatment. Daily activities become hard to do. My doctor suggested that we might have to move the treatment to every 6 or 7 weeks. She said since I'm young and my metabolism is still running strong that it pushes the medicine through my body to quickly. I am fine with this like I said before this is my pain free life. But that plan has been put on hold because I have been having trouble with the past 2 treatments. I have been experiencing allergic reactions. The reactions are horrible I start feeling hot, dizzy, then it gets difficult to breath and my chest gets tight. After stopping the infusion and pumping me up with steroids, benadryl and liquids I can usually start up the treatment again and finish it with no more problems. Well my doctor is giving me one more go at it. If I get any reactions at my next treatment, which is next week, she is stopping it for good and finding something else for me. I don't want to start something else what if it doesn't work as well. So cross your fingers for me, since it hurts too much for me to cross my own, that this next treatment goes smoothly! This time next Friday I will be feeling great and my house will be as clean as ever!

0 comments: