Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wild Life

I love seeing animals in their natural setting. I grow up on 3 acres surrounded by 3 farms. We had a lot of wild life running through our yard. We had everything; raccoons, groundhogs, fox, hawks nest, we even had an albino deer among a ton of regular deer. It was great growing up and seeing something new everyday. It was great knowing that every night at 7pm the two fox will cross through the back and not too far behind them was a herd of deer. So when I got married and moved to a townhouse development I missed the wild life. I missed waking up to the birds and going to bed with the crickets. Now that I moved back in to more of a somewhat country setting I'm starting to see wild life again. Just in the past 3 months I have seen a hawk (flying very low so I'm thinking a nest can't be too far away) and plenty of other birds, a fox, and just the other night 3 deer right in our back yard! How exciting!

0 comments: